Effective Monday, January 25, 2021
In keeping with the directives from WorkSafeBC and Dr. Henry, and more importantly, in the interest of keeping our staff and our customers safe, the following COVID-19 safety precautions are in place at Merridale Cidery & Distillery:
- Face Masks are mandatory for staff inside our Farmhouse, including our restaurant. Their temperatures are checked at the beginning of each shift before they clock in.
- Face Masks are also mandatory for customers when not seated at their table and walking inside our Farmhouse to shop in the retail store, order or pay at the till or head to the bathroom.
- When walking through our Courtyard and Orchard Faerie Walk, customers must stay with their immediate family or core bubble groups and keep 6 feet of distance between your bubble and the next.
- The physical layout of our Eatery has been adapted to ensure all tables are at least 2 metres apart and no tables sit more than 6 people. Moving between tables is not permitted.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at our tills to provide increased protection for staff and customers.
- Tap is available for payment and hand sanitizer is available at our tills for customers who do not have access to tap functionality.
- All our washroom facilities allow only one person in at a time to ensure social distancing.
- Water glasses will be pre-poured at the bar instead of a station or table-side.
- Markings have been installed on our floor to facilitate flow and social distancing in line-ups during busier periods.
- We have increased cleanings between seatings, including the full removal of any unused menus or cutlery.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule for higher contact areas and surfaces has been set and a tracking process has been established.
- Self-service amenities have been removed.
- All unessential items have been removed from the table (salt & pepper, sauces, etc.) and sanitized items will be provided upon request.
- Our British Pub style service aligns with WorkBC’s recommendation for reduced interaction between staff and customers. This specifically includes having customers seat themselves, having numbered tables and not having orders taken at the table.
We look forward to welcoming you safely to the Merridale Farm!