Cowichan – we’re here for you! Our doors are open, so that we can continue to provide retail cider/spirit sales, fresh-made bakery items and take-out food items. Our focus is to provide you with meals that can be bought in bulk – freeze for tomorrow or eat today. In additional, we are offering a 20% discount on any purchases of a full case. These are not easy times for any of us. Isolation can be difficult but getting outside can be helpful. We invite you to take a walk in our orchardas long as you are practising SOCIAL DISTANCING. We are in this together.
Here are our current hours:
Tuesday to Saturday:
Retail Store: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Take-out: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday to Monday:
To order take-out:
- Simply call 250-743-4293 x0
- We are available between the hours of 11am and 4:30pm
- Leave a message and we’ll call back with confirmation. As you can appreciate, we are on limited staff.
At Merridale, the health and safety of our customers, community and team is of upmost importance to us. We are taking extreme care and have implemented strict social distancing and sanitation precautions to keep everyone safe. Here are some of the specific actions that we have taken to help keep our customers and employees safe:
- We are limiting the number of customers in our farmhouse at one time, so that strict social distancing can be followed. We appreciate your patience.
- We have limited our staff members on site, so there is only one team member in the kitchen and one team member in our retail store.
- We have limited our growler fills to new growlers (purchased at the time of the fill) only.
- We are asking our customers to avoid using cash for payments wherever possible. As the W.H.O. warns that banknotes can hold bacteria and viruses.
- We are sanitizing surfaces on a scheduled basis throughout the day with particular attention to door handles, counters, electronic tap surfaces and washrooms.
- We have created a take-out menu and can accept your order over the phone. We will have everything ready for pick up if you looking for some food and drink to take home.
- We are expanding our online store, so you can have cider and spirits delivered to your home. Use the coupon code “BESAFE” to save $20 on your order including delivery fees.
- We are also continuing to supply private liquor stores throughout BC with both cider and spirits.
We are currently working as quickly as we can on a hand sanitizer product in partnership with Averill Creek Winery and Shea Butter Market. Our formulation has been designed to include Shea Butter, so that it is less drying than aloe-only products. It actually smells good and feels good on your hands. We have registered with the CVRD as a hand sanitizer producer and a portion of what we make will be donated to first responders and front-line health care workers (through the CVRD). Some will also be available for purchase at our Farmstore at our cost only. Please note there will be a limit of one per customer.
As things are changing quickly, our policies and hours are could change daily. Please monitor our website and social media channels for updates. For the safety of our staff and customers, we request that if you are experiencing flu like symptoms or have recently returned from international travel, please stay home to limit the spread of COVID-19.