Effective Thursday, October 29, 2020.
We feel very fortunate to be able to safely reopen this side of our business with straightforward adaptations to our existing operation because:
- The physical layout of our Eatery and its design, which has always been intended to bring the outside in, enables us to provide lots of fresh air outdoor dining options. It is also large enough that we can easily reduce our capacity to ensure all tables are at least 2 metres apart and no tables sit more than 6 people.
- Our British Pub style service aligns with WorkBC’s recommendation for reduced interaction between staff and customers. This specifically includes having customers seat themselves, having numbered tables and not having orders taken at the table.
- The rural location of our Eatery and Tasting Bar within our 20-acre orchard property offers additional opportunities for social distancing.
In keeping with the directives from WorkSafeBC and Dr. Henry, and more importantly, in the interest of keeping our staff and our customers safe, we have also taken the following specific precautions:
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at our tills to provide increased protection for staff and customers.
- Tap is available for payment and hand sanitizer is available at our tills for customers who do not have access to tap functionality.
- All our washroom facilities allow only one person in at a time to ensure social distancing.
- Water glasses will be pre-poured at the bar instead of a station or table-side.
- Markings have been installed on our floor to facilitate flow and social distancing in line-ups during busier periods.
- We have increased cleanings between seatings, including the full removal of any unused menus or cutlery.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule for higher contact areas and surfaces has been set and a tracking process has been established.
- Our menu has been simplified to reduce the number of kitchen staff required at any one time.
- Self-service amenities have been removed.
- All unessential items have been removed from the table (salt & pepper, sauces, etc.) and sanitized items will be provided upon request.
- Please note that mask are not mandatory at Merridale.
We look forward to welcoming you safely to the Merridale Farm!