Stay in and stay cozy with this Cider-Inspired date night in.
Grab a bottle or two of Merridale's Traditional Cider. It’s delicious, full bodied and full of fresh apple flavour. Pair it with this rich and gooey cider fondue. Perfect for a cozy night in for two!
Holiday Cider Fondue for Two
Ingredients for the Fondue:
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup Merridale Traditional cider
- 4 ounces Gruyere, grated
- 4 ounces Sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or Merridale Cider Brandy
Suggested Fondue Dippers:
- Granny Smith Apples
- Sourdough Bread
- Roasted Mushrooms or Asparagus
- Cooked Chicken and Apple Sausage
- Cooked Chorizo sausage
- Bartlett Pears
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in cider and brandy or vinegar. Reduce temperature to low.
- Slowly add both cheeses, stirring in one direction until melted. Add nutmeg.
- Continue to cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and comes together, 4 to 5 minutes. If too thick, add extra cider 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to a fondue pot; keep warm.
- Serve with sliced tart apples, like Granny Smith, sliced Barlett pears, roasted mushrooms or asparagus, sourdough bread cubes or Chorizo sausage.