From April to October, weddings begin with a pondside ceremony under a beautiful satin lined tent, surrounded by the orchard and rolling hills of nearby farmland. Prepare for the big moment in our bridal suite yurt, and then descend the grassy slope to the ceremony site surrounded by the seasonal colours of the garden and apple trees.
After the ceremony your guests can enjoy a cocktail hour with drinks and canapes by the pond. There’s no need for family or friends to venture off the property or do any driving to another location, because your dinner reception space is just up the hill. When that old farm bell rings, friends and family are invited to gather on the heated deck for a long-table dinner where they share stories, memories, and laughter.
Everything about what Merridale makes is craft and focused on the farm. Walking by the open outdoor kitchen, your guests will savour the bounty and aromas of the meal prepared before them. Farm to glass crisp cider, smooth spirits, plus local beer and wine create an evening of taste experiences. Merridale can even make your own signature cocktail or drink! We promise to deliver an evening that will unfold with memorable moments throughout the day - cake cutting, drinking, eating and dancing. Merridale truly makes spectacular weddings.
Merridale can accommodate up to 150 guests for a wedding ceremony and reception.
From April to October, our basic package includes:
- Covered Ceremony Site with guest chairs & auxiliary tables (for signing, gifts, etc.)
- Sound system at ceremony & reception sites, microphone and podium.
- Setup of tables, chairs, linens, cutlery and glassware for reception
- A beautiful and unique Bridal Yurt to get ready in prior to the ceremony
- Spectacular site locations for wedding photographs such as the orchard, forest, waterfall, distillery and old Merridale farm truck.
- Chefs and service staff to deliver your selected farm-to-table family style dinner.
- Bartender and bar service with craft local products from our cidery and distillery, as well as craft beer and local wines.
- Planning tools such as wedding workbook, budget and cost sheets, and meetings with our team as you plan.
- Additional options available based on your dreams - We can offer as little or as much as you desire.
For more information and pricing, please complete our wedding package request form.
A Place to Get Ready
The Yarlington Yurt is available to you and your wedding party for the hour prior to your ceremony. Prepare to walk down the aisle in the relaxing atmosphere of our wood-paneled yurts. When your bridal party is ready, you will walk out on the veranda overlooking the pond and all your guests, then follow the grass pathway down to the pondside, where your guests will be waiting to begin the ceremony.
A Place to Retreat
If you’re seeking a secluded haven on your first night as newlyweds, the yurt is a romantic and tranquil place to sneak away from the festivities once the celebration is done. After your big day, steal away to the yurt with your love and drift off to sleep together in the soothing quiet of the countryside. Your yurt stay includes a breakfast prepared by our chef the next morning.
Click here to visit our Glamping page for photos and further details on our yurt amenities.