From April to October, wedding ceremonies take place under a beautiful satin lined tent at our pondside rock garden, surrounded by the orchard and rolling hills of nearby farmland. Prepare for the big moment in our bridal suite yurt, and then descend the grassy slope to the ceremony site, surrounded by the seasonal colours of the garden and apple trees. A nearby waterfall lends a tranquil charm as it falls softly to the pond below.
After the “I Do’s”, your guests enjoy a cocktail hour with drinks and canapes by the pond. There’s no need for family or friends to venture off the property or do any driving to another location, because your reception space is just up the hill. When the farm bell rings, friends and family are invited to gather on the heated deck for a local long table dinner. Walking by the open outdoor kitchen, your guests will appreciate that the food is a cornerstone of Merridale weddings. The evening unfolds with shared stories, dancing, and shared moments.
During the summer, Merridale can accommodate up to 150 guests for a wedding ceremony and reception. Our basic package includes:
- Setup of tables, chairs, and full place settings for ceremony and reception
- Spectacular site locations for wedding photographs such as the orchard, forest, waterfall, distillery and old Merridale farm truck.
- Auxiliary tables with linens for registry signing, gifts, and guestbook.
- A sound system at the farmhouse and pond, microphone and podium.
- Red Seal chefs and professional staff to execute food and drink service.
- Bartender and bar service with craft local products from our cidery and distillery, as well as craft beer and local wines.
- Planning tools such as wedding workbook, budget and cost sheets, and meetings with our team.
- Additional options available based on your dreams and desires.
For more information and pricing, please complete our wedding package request form.
A Place to Get Ready
The Yarlington Yurt is available to you and your wedding party for the hour prior to your ceremony. Prepare to walk down the aisle and sooth away pre-wedding jitters in the relaxing atmosphere of our wood-paneled yurts. When your bridal party are ready, you will walk out on the veranda overlooking the pond and all your guests, then follow the grass pathway down to the pondside, where your guests will be waiting to begin the ceremony.
A Place to Retreat
If you’re seeking a secluded haven on your first night as newlyweds, our honeymoon yurt is a romantic and tranquil place to sneak away from the festivities once the celebration is done. After your big day, steal away to the yurt with your love, enjoy a glass of cider in the tub and drift off to sleep together in the soothing quiet of the countryside. Your yurt stay includes a private breakfast prepared by our chef on the farmhouse deck.
Click here to visit our Glamping page for photos and further details on our yurt amenities.